Sunday 25 October 2009

My First Time

This is a short descriptive piece which was derived from a visit to Harvey Nicks...Let me know what you think!

‘It’s ok that you haven’t….you know’, I blushed at the thought. ‘It just means you’re a late starter’, my friends tried to reassure me, but I knew they were secretly pleased they had ‘done it’.

I didn’t plan to ‘loose it’ the way I did. I’d been expecting so much more, a thrilling, exciting experience - I might even talk to them afterwards. But as with most first times, it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

I was ashamed to admit it then, but I was a celeb-spotter virgin.

My first time was with Gok Wan. It didn’t last more than a few minutes on the mens floor of Harvey Nicks. He was trying on a coat, and I, overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of the fashion-fixer, began yelping in fits of giggles before scurrying into the nearest lift.

I realised then that I placed way too much importance on my first time – what an anti-climax.

No comments:

Post a Comment