Sunday 15 November 2009

Silks a sign

Fate in regards to clothes is a rule which i follow unscrupiously. I believe that if i find a garment either in a shop or on the internet and they have my size it's just good stocking...BUT if i then return to the shop a week later and they still have that garment in my size, it's fate. However if the shop does not stock the as mentioned product, i relish in the fact i have saved myself some money and feign sadness that my life will be incomplete.

In my current predicament, i am waiting for fate.  Twice within two days i have seen a dress. Not just any dress i might add. It first appeared when i was scouring net-a-porter procrastinating (my pockets are not deep and i don't own a money-growing tree so there's no way i could actually buy something on there). A cream silk cocktail dress by Maje, with a huge sumptuous bow wrapped around the waist stood out. When i clicked on the dress, it was even more beautiful. Pleated and fluid, the silhouette looks extremely flattering and paired with a tailored blazer would look extremely versatile. It is only £195 which is quite reasonable considering it is from a chic Parisian label.

I saw it again today in the Sunday Times Style magazine - Gemma Soames had featured it in her Wardrobe Mistress column. So does this constitute as fate? Or should i wait for a sure sign? Either way i found this look-a-like dress from Topshop and belt from Bebe just incase anyone else takes a fancy to the pretty silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment